All Consultants / Simon Turner
Expert Witness, Asset Mgmt, Transactions
Hospitality management and investment executive with experience in litigation support/expert witness, buyer/investor/lender/developer advisory services, and asset management.
Key Consulting Services
- Expert Witness and Litigation Support
- Acquisition and Disposition Advisory
- Asset Management (pre-opening and ongoing)
- Brand and Operator Selection
- Development Advisory
Simon Turner has extensive global strategic, operational and transactional experience related to complex property assets, brands, and operating businesses. His experience has also included a broad selection of hospitality and tourism advisory assignments, expert witness/litigation support, strategic planning, asset management, loan work-out, capital-raising and M&A. Simon has held diverse leadership roles over 35 years in the hospitality sector, gaining experience in numerous facets of the business including senior executive, board oversight and advisory support of public and private enterprises. Throughout his career he has served on numerous public and private boards and investment committees providing exposure to a wide variety of opportunities and challenges facing hospitality enterprises.
- Served as President, Global Development of Starwood Hotels & Resorts, responsible for global growth, property acquisitions and dispositions, franchise and management pipeline expansion and real estate investment/asset management. Prior to Starwood, he served as a Principal of Hotel Capital Advisers, Inc., a hotel investment advisory firm overseeing both hotel brands and property investments in North America and Europe. In that position, he led several high-profile hotel projects, including the acquisition, financing and full repositioning of the Hotel George V in Paris and the Copley Plaza Hotel in Boston. Prior to this, he served as a Director of Investment Banking at Salomon Brothers Inc. both in New York and London, where he was responsible for the structuring and execution of a broad range of hotel sector transactions; was a Manager at Pannell Kerr Forster, an international hotel and tourism consulting firm; and was Operations Analyst in Saudi Arabia for Gustar Hoteliers.